We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of students and staff. We hold the Healthy Schools Award and were amongst the first schools nationally to be working towards the Healthy School Enhancement Award. We actively promote healthy lifestyles amongst our students through our Personal Social Health Education programme.
Students are represented on the Healthy School Steering Group, which oversees all aspects of our healthy school work – healthy eating; physical exercise; PSHE; social and emotional wellbeing. We carry out a comprehensive annual studentHealthySchoolsurvey, which shows improving understanding of health and wellbeing issues.
We have a range of initiatives in place:-
- the Academy is a non-smoking site
- menus include only healthy options
- a nurse is available to students on site, at least one day a week
- free, chilled drinking water is available all day, every day
- staff are trained mental health first-aiders
- we offer a range of enrichment activities