OUR NEW FUTURE AND COMMUNITY USE
Facilities at The Kingswood Academy are state of the art, and they benefit from a whole host of extras – for example, there will be additional car parking, storage for prams, an extended-hours community café with outside space, “smart lockers”, and dedicated community changing rooms. We will also have a restaurant and hope that you will consider dining with us from time to time – perhaps before or after an activity or event.
We are delighted that we will also have a self-contained Ofsted registered nursery on site, providing full day-care. The nursery will have its own toilets and kitchen, and a wonderful secure outside learning space. It will be easy to access from our new Learning Centre.
A huge number of our facilities are available to the community, including the following:-
- Community learning centre, with open plan ICT space and flexible training rooms with interactive whiteboards and access to outside space.
- Four court sports-hall with multi-functional electronic scoreboard – suitable for badminton, basketball, volleyball, netball, five-a-side, cricket practice and trampolining.
- Large activity studio, with timer-clock and plasma screens – and great views!
- Large multi-gym, including three and four station gyms, treadmill, cycles, cross trainers, rowing machines, free weights, plasma screens and sound system.
- Professional 300 seat theatre, with surround sound and state of the art sound and lighting desks.
- Professional recording studio, with Avid C/24 console and Pro-Tools HDX Native Core System.
- Flexible theatre studio spaces, with sprung floors, mirrored walls and mobile ballet bars.
- Fully equipped dance studio, with adjacent changing.
- Fully equipped drama studio.
- Domestic and industrial kitchen facilities.
- A professional hair and beauty salon.
- 3G floodlit, all weather synthetic turf pitch.
- Four multi-use games areas (MUGAs).
- Two senior and two junior football pitches.
- One senior and one junior rugby pitch.
- Cricket pitch.
- Athletics track and field events.
- Outdoor performance space.
- Traversing wall.
- Trim trail.
We genuinely want our community to benefit from the £27million+ that has been invested in our building and we will as always welcome community users, new and old.
If you are intrested in enquiring about any of the above please contact email@example.com or feel free to pop in!
Please see below our community use pack for you to downloadCommunity Use Pack 2012 - 2013
Fri 4 Jan 2013